- Modern stainless steel appliances that bring in the best of technology and a sleek industrial feel.
- Raw wood elements, such as a reclaimed wood kitchen table, use of rustic beams for a kitchen fireplace or as decorative shelving, and so on.
- Neutral color palette that celebrates simplicity and comfort.
- Straight lines and metal details in the cabinetry, hardware, and even light fixtures.
- Use of stone elements, perhaps in a backsplash, as part of a fireplace, or even a concrete island.
You’re ready to start kitchen remodeling, but you haven’t settled on a specific design scheme. There are so many options out there; it’s easy for your head to start spinning. As you consider your options, our design team at Booher Remodeling Company of Indianapolis, IN, submits to you: the modern rustic kitchen. At Booher Remodeling, we have seen a rise in interest in the modern rustic kitchen design. With a beautiful blend of past and present, of indoors and outdoors, it has a little bit of something for everyone. The Decoist says that the “…modern rustic space is an open floor plan, modern furniture, and preserved and exposed natural architectural elements. […] This style has an informal elegance—comfortable and modern living at its best!” Here’s how the modern rustic design might translate to your kitchen: