When planning a bathroom remodel, there are countless decisions to be made. From deciding how much you can afford, to what time of year you want to complete the project, the decisions never end. And while some of the decisions aren’t necessarily fun, there are a few that you can really look forward to. At Booher Remodeling Company, we enjoy the details that bring a remodel together; so today, we’re discussing bathroom fixtures and how to choose them.
Many people like to first choose their faucets and then choose their accessories, like lighting, towel bars, and toilet paper dispensers, to match. Here are some of the most popular finishes to consider as you choose your new bathroom faucet:
- Polished Chrome: This popular choice is both flexible with different styles, and affordable for most homeowners.
- Polished Brass: Choose this finish for a rich and elegant feel, but keep in mind that it does show water spots and fingerprints
- Brushed Nickel: This finish will soften a bathroom’s look, coordinates well with stone countertops, and doesn’t show water spots or fingerprints as much.
- Bronze: This finish goes well with both traditional and contemporary decor and comes in a variety of shades.
Remodeling is the perfect time to add a little luxury to your bathroom, so take special care when choosing a shower head. Here’s a quick round up of your choices:
- Wall-Mounted Unit: The most basic choice for a shower head is the wall mounted unit. It’s usually nothing fancy, but gets the job done.
- Hand-Held Unit: Next, consider the benefits of being able to remove the shower head. Hand-held units make both bathing and cleaning extra convenient, and often come with multiple functions and spray options.
- Rain Shower Head: Rainfall shower heads are the epitome of luxury. With the full coverage under this waterfall experience, you’ll never want to leave your shower.
Once you choose your faucet and your shower head, you’ll be well on your way toward a bathroom you can be proud of. In our next post, we’ll finish off this topic of fun bathroom remodeling decisions with a discussion of toilets and sinks. Contact Booher Remodeling Company today at (317) 852-5546 to request a free consultation in the Indianapolis area.