Today we are continuing our discussion on bathroom fixtures. With the millions of decisions to make during a bathroom remodel, these are some of the fun ones! Our previous post discussed the different options for faucets and shower heads, and today we’re covering sinks and toilets. Our team at Booher Remodeling Company greatly enjoys these types of decisions, so let us help!
When choosing a sink, a lot depends on the type of bathroom you’re remodeling and how much space you have. Consider the following:
- Wall-Mounted: As the name suggests, a wall-mounted sink is mounted to the wall with nothing underneath. These sinks work well for small spaces and for homeowners who prefer a minimalist style.
- Pedestal: A pedestal sink is another great option for those working with limited space. The sink basin is attached to a ceramic pillar so the plumbing is hidden; however, they do not allow for any storage.
- Vanity: If you have enough space and value the extra storage space, a vanity installed sink is a great option. The vanity can house a sink in almost any type of shape or size, and you’ll be able to use the countertop space for convenience.
Finally, your bathroom would not be complete without the throne. While it may seem like a pretty basic decision, there are actually several different choices to consider when selecting a toilet.
- Two-Piece Toilets: The most common choice of toilet for Americans is the two-piece toilet. The tank and bowl are created separately, then attached during installation. Cleaning and repairs are generally easy and inexpensive and with many designs to choose from, you can’t go wrong.
- One-Piece Toilets: One-piece toilets offer a more sleek design and are easier to clean and install. Generally, these types of toilets are a bit more expensive, but more durable and take up less space.
- Wall-Hung Toilets: Wall-hung toilets are perfect for small spaces as they are mounted to the wall with the tank hidden inside the wall. They are incredibly versatile and homeowners like their superior design. However, because the tank is inside the wall, repairs must be done by a professional.
- Smart Toilets: Finally, for a truly upgraded bathroom, consider the smart toilet. Features include automated flushers, heated seats, motion-activated lighting, and even self-cleaning options!
As you decide on your bathroom fixtures, remember to have fun and let your creativity flow. For more design ideas or a free bathroom remodeling consultation, contact Booher Remodeling Company in Indianapolis today at (317) 852-5546.