Making eco-friendly choices when doing your kitchen remodel may seem like a trendy thing to do. But did you know it’s also better for your health and your budget in the long run? Our team at Booher Remodeling Company
has put together a list of tips to help you make “green” choices when planning your next kitchen remodel
We know that planning a kitchen remodel can be a very daunting task, which is why we’ve taken the guesswork out of it and recommend working with one of our kitchen design experts
. Your designer will not only help you work out the layout and look of your kitchen, but will also help you find ways to repurpose some of your existing kitchen elements for a great eco-friendly choice. Some examples of a green kitchen design include:
- Refinishing your wood floors instead of replacing them
- Update your existing kitchen cabinets by having them professionally painted and change out the hardware. Or, just replace the doors and drawers to give your kitchen a more modern style.
- If you’re planning a full kitchen gut job, make sure you consider how to make the most of any natural light coming in when you’re planning your layout.
- Find environmentally responsible companies to purchase new materials and finishes such as countertops, tile, and flooring.
- Incorporate a recycling center and a location for a compost bucket into your design plan.
Water conservation in the kitchen is surprisingly simple. Low-flow kitchen faucets and Energy Star
qualified dishwashers can help reduce your water consumption and your bills.
The best way to conserve energy in any room in your home is to choose lighting fixtures and appliances that are energy efficient. The easiest way to do this is to look for the Energy Star label on your new appliances to find out their rating. Energy Star is a program from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency which helps individuals find products with superior energy efficiency.
No matter what type of renovating you plan on tackling, making eco-friendly choices simply makes the most sense for your family and for the planet. Booher Remodeling Company is here to help you with your kitchen and bathroom remodeling
projects from start to finish. Contact us
today at (317) 852-5546
to schedule a home design consultation in Indianapolis, Carmel
, and the surrounding area.