Are you a coffee-lover with an unused space in your kitchen? At Booher Remodeling Company, we like to make good use of every available space, so if you have some untapped potential in your kitchen, a coffee bar might be the perfect solution! Whether you have enough space for an entire coffee station that would make a barista jealous or just a simple nook in the corner, we can help you design a stylish and functional home coffee station.
6 Elements of a Home Coffee Station
- Serving Space- First, you’ll need to identify your serving space. If you have enough space on your kitchen counter, that’s definitely a great option. However, if you don’t, you can add a movable bar cart or a vintage buffet to give yourself the room you need to work while also adding in a little charm.
- Coffee Maker- Of course, you’ll also need a great coffee maker. There are many different ways to make a cup of coffee. Some techniques require more space than others so as you shop for the right one, keep your serving area in mind.
- Vertical Storage Solutions- When making your morning coffee, you’ll want to keep unnecessary items out of the way. We like the idea of vertical storage to keep things within reach, but out of the way of the action. If possible, adding cabinets or floating shelves above your coffee bar would be a great way to utilize the space. You can also add mounted hooks underneath to hang coffee mugs, baskets, or canisters full of coffee and tea.
- Drawers and Underneath Cabinets- Use the space under your coffee bar for filters, sugar packets, tea bags, and other coffee supplies. If you have a Keurig, you can even add K-Cup organizers.
- Small Sink- You can effortlessly add water to your coffee maker or prepare tea at the ideal temperature with the help of a bar sink that has an instant filtered hot water faucet.
- Mini Refrigerator- Finally, while entertaining, a mini refrigerator keeps milk and flavoring creamers on hand as well as provides a space for cold drinks.
If you’re ready to add a coffee bar that provides that coffeehouse vibe to your Indianapolis area kitchen, trust the experts at Booher Remodeling Company to make it happen. Contact us today at (317) 852-5546 to start discussing your kitchen remodeling project or request a design consultation online now.